Monday, October 1, 2012

Thumbs Up from Dr. V!!

I am just a little behind in my blogging. Sorry! I am sure you all know how busy life can become. Back in July I had to make a quick trip to Birmingham because I was having some headaches that seemed to want to linger. Dr. V was not certain that they were associated with the psedutumor, but would not rule it out until he saw me. After an exam, he said that he felt as though I was just having migraines. He decided to treat me with Botox. Now, I must interject here that I do not know how women do this for cosmetic purposes. It hurt SO badly!! I almost passed out from the pain and I must say that I have built up quite a tolerance for pain. It did take about 3-4 days before it really kicked in, but I am happy to announce that I have not had any headaches since. I guess the temporary pain was worth it in the long run!

James, Evan and I traveled to Birmingham to meet with Dr. Vaphiades, September 10, for my re-check appointment. We had a great visit. Dr. V came in, did an eye exam and said that my optic nerve swelling is down!! Praise the Lord! He was so optimistic and pleased with everything. He did ask that I try to lose about 8 more pounds, so please join me in prayer that I will be able to do that.

With this said, he told us that I did not need to come back until January! YEA!!! I am over the moon excited about this one! It is so nice to know that God heard our petitions and has proven once again that He is the almighty! We never know the reason behind the trials. We never understand the outcomes, but praise the Lord that He loves us enough to listen and respond.

He talked with us about having more children. He laid out a great game plan as to what to do when I become pregnant. I am praying now, that when the time comes that God sees fit to bless our family with an addition, that there will be no side effects. If the side effects come, spinal taps will have to be our go-to during the first trimester, as I can not be on meds and be pregnant. It is safe to be on the meds the remainder of the pregnancy, but I know that MY GOD is way bigger than pseudotumor and he can make is so that there are no side effects from the weight gain at all!! I am claiming this even now!! I ask that you would place this request on your prayer list as well! His time is perfect! I think James knowing that Dr. V has a plan, helps his mind rest easier. I know that he worries about me- I love him so much for that!

Thank you so much for the continued prayers and concerns. There is not a day that goes by that someone does not call, see me or shoot an email or text and ask how I am feeling. It is so nice to know that people care and love you! Thank you for loving me and my family!

I feel like over the past year (it has been one year this month since I received a diagnosis and plan) I have asked for lots of prayer. Please let me know how I may pray for you. Prayer is the best gift I can give and it is my pleasure to petition the Lord on your behalf! Oh, how he loves us so!

Prayer Requests:
1. That I will be able to lost the remaining 8 pounds as requested by Dr. V.
2. That the side effects will remain at bay.
3. That I will continue to have opportunities to share my story of how God has lifted me up.
4. Please continue to pray for the staff at the Callahan Eye Foundation. They are a great group of people who care about their patients.

Until next time...

0 comments: