Friday, September 23, 2011

Ask And Ye Shall Receive!

"Cast all your cares upon him; for he careth for you." 1Peter 5:7

It brings such joy to know that I can go before the Lord and make my requests known and He will listen and answer them in His perfect time. Thank you so much for those of you who have lifted James and me in prayer this week. Your prayers have been felt and praise the Lord they have been answered!

James, my mom, Shelby and I traveled to Birmingham yesterday morning-not really sure what we were to face. The staff at the Callahan Eye Foundation were so helpful and nice. That was answered prayer number one!! After a series of testing (normal eye exam, checked my eye pressure, field test, neurological test), Dr. Vaphiades (Dr. V) confirmed the diagnosis from Dr. Parma. Pseduotumor Cerebri. We talked over causes...they are not really sure what causes it and we talked about a treatment plan (this is where I started to get a little nervous). Dr. V feels like we caught this early enough that with some weight loss (isn't everything related to our weight, ladies?!), only 10-15 pounds, and a medication that I would be ok. Answered prayer number 2!!

I will have to undergo a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) sometime in the near future (waiting to hear from them...thinking next week), which will let them know how much pressure is in my spinal fluid. There will be some travel back and forth to Birmingham, but we will work it all out!

Dr. V did tell us yesterday that there is no way I can be pregnant and take the needed medication, so that was a little disheartening. Lord knows I want a sibling for Evan! I must remember that in His timing all is made perfect! For now, we make sure that I get better and we deal with the rest as it comes. He will provide the strength I need on the days when it gets hard.

There is a study being conducted on this that they are anxious for me to take part in. We are still praying over this decision.

On to the prayer requests: Please pray that the spinal fluid will give the doctors the answers that they need and that I only have to be stuck once (that last one may seem minor, but have you ever laid your eyes on those needles??). #2, please pray that the weight will continue to come off at a healthy pace and that I will be able to do what is needed to support a healthy diet (basically self control...I LOVE to eat!!). #3, please pray that there will be few side effects from the medication and that those that I must endure will be slight bumps in the road for everyday functioning- I do have a 3 year old to take care of!! :) #4, please pray that James will be understanding on the days when I just don't feel too good. He has been so good to help me when I have needed it (bad headache days). He is my helper! I don't know how I'd make it without him! And lastly #5, please lift up my family, especially my parents. It is hard for them with us being 1 1/2 hrs. from them. They can't see me every day and know that I am ok. That makes it difficult for them.

Thank you prayer warriors for your unending love and support! I know that ALL things are possible with God and this is just a little something that I must endure. He is FAITHFUL and oh how He loves me! We could have received more disturbing news than this yesterday! God is good! I am trusting that God will make His path known...I then must have the faith to follow!

Until next time...

0 comments: