Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Today Is A New Day!

I have had last night and most of the day today to process what I was told yesterday... Pseudotumor Cerebri. HUM...well, as I told someone today, with everything new, comes fear of the unknown, but I know one thing for sure...God is holding me in His hands. James and I are prepared for what we will hear Thursday morning (as much as we can be, I suppose). I have read about causes (not really any sure answers on this) and I have read about treatments (some more scary than others). We just wait and see what the Dr. says and then we go from there!

I ask that you join me in prayer! Please pray for the physician and staff members that we will meet Thursday. Pray that they will exude great bedside manner and that our fears may be calmed by working with them. Pray that we will have open ears to hear the good, bad and ugly and that we will be able to handle the news delivered...whatever that may be. I pray that will see Jesus through us! Please pray for our families. As you can imagine, they are worried.

I have had some headaches today and some vision stuff, but there has been a little stress added to my life, so I think it could be a combination of it all. Mornings seem to be worse than afternoons.

God began a work in my life 29 years ago. He has a plan and He is not finished with me yet! He allowed so many people in my life that have provided words of encouragment, support and most importantly those who have loved me through it all! At the age of 16, when epilepsy struck, His love and faithfulness proved strong and true. At the age of 25 when we struggled to have a baby, once again, His faithfulness was what got me through and here we are at age 29. I expect nothing less than His greatest strength and power to prevail. He is strong! He is mighty! He is my Lord!

I have come to relize that it does me no good to try to control situations (for those of you who know me, know that is a HUGE statement). I cannot control what is to happen, it is in God's hands, I can only control my response! I am determined that through it all, He will be glorified. For now, we pray and we wait.

Until next time...

0 comments: