Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update from Yesterday's Dr. Appointment...

Well, I went for my weekly visit with Dr. Ashurst and the news was not exactly what I was hoping to hear. I still have not started to dilate, however Evan has continued to move further down. My cervix is still very posterior. Dr. Ashurst is a little concerned that Evan is going to be a "big boy" and that leaving him in until September may throw us in a situation we don't want to find ourselves in. With all of that said, he wants to recheck next Monday, if I still have not dilated, do an ultrasound to see how big Mr. Evan is and then schedule our induction date. He is thinking August 27 -just 2 weeks from today!!!
I am praying vigorously that the dilation process will begin soon and when we go back on Monday I will have made some progress so that we can proceed as naturally as possible. Please join me in this prayer. Anyone else been in this same place who can offer some words of encouragement?

5 comments:

Miranda said...

I have been there!!
However I never dilated this time and last time I went from 1 to 3 in 1 day but it was too early!! Things can change in a matter of hours so just try not to worry, because that can be bad for you and Evan!! God is in total control and will take care of you both. And I promise even when things don't go as you plan you won't care when he gets into your arms! I will keep you all in mt prayers!

Wendy and Michael said...

Hang in there. Things will work out no matter how and when he is born. You will be so happy and have so much love for him. By the way, you look great in the pictures!

The Cottingham Family said...

Just remember God is in Control. He knows what is best for you and Evan!!!

April said...

Well, you know both of mine were induced. With Samuel, we began from 0 - and about 2 hours the drip started, we went from 0 to 9 1/2 in just 45 minutes. With James Isaac, I was at 3 on my own, but we 'dripped' all night with no result. Dr. Lawhon came and broke my water, and the show was on. Samuel came at 36 weeks (8 lbs.), and James Isaac at 38 (6 lbs.+). Each one is so special, and I promise when it's over, you won't care about birth plans anymore. Try not to worry & just trust God is in control and His plan is better than our own. ENJOY these last weeks, there is no better feeling in the world & these are the moments you will remember for a lifetime.

0 said...

Well, Analyce couldn't wait to get here...my water broke 5 weeks early!! Then she decided she didn't want to come out after all, so they added the drip....And still nothing (I "stalled" at 3 cm). I ended with a c-section 20.5 hours later...And had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever with it. The joy and happiness over the birth of your baby will over shadow anything the birthing process brings!! We're praying for you!! :o)